London Bus Route 404 [Mon - Sat] - Caterham-on-the-Hill - Waddington Avenue - Old Coulsdon - Rutherwick Rise - Coulsdon. (6 Miles)
Operated By Quality Line
Garage: Epsom EB
Past Timetables: Aug 2000
To View The Current Timetable Click Here Route History:
- The 404 was introduced on the 30th November 1996 and provided a Monday to Saturday service between Coulsdon Red Lion & Caterham On The Hill Westway common. London & Country buses operated the 404 from their Croydon Depot using Midi Buses. The current PVR was 1Midi Monday to Saturday.
- On the 25th July 1998, the route was passed to Metrobus on a short term emergency contract, due to the surrender of London & Country, still using the midi buses. A month later on the 29th August, the route was diverted to serve Stoneyfield Road & Marpit Lane. A month after the route being revised Quality Line also known as Epsom buses gained the contract for the 404 using the Midi’s.
- In August 2000 the loop working in the Caterham area was withdrawn with buses now going direct through Westway common.
- On the 27th September 2003 Quality Line retained the contract for the 404 using a solo bus. The PVR stayed the same as 1Solo Monday to Saturday.
- Five years later on the 27th September 2008 Quality Line yet again retained the contract for the 404, using their solo's.
- On the 28th September 2013, Quality Line retained the contract for the 404 with a new allocated bus.
- On the 29th September 2018, Quality Line Now under the operation RATP Dev London, renewed the contract for the 404 with another new bus to operate the route.