London Bus Route 406 - Epsom - Ewell - Tolworth - Surbiton Hill Road - Kingston. (8 Miles)
Operated By London United (RATP)
Garage: Tolworth TV Past Timetables: June 2001
To View The Current Timetable Click Here Route History:
- The 406 was introduced many years ago being introduced by London Country buses throughout the operation they have used many types of vehicles including atlanteans & Routemasters. But the 406 joined the TFL tendering system on the 27th January 2001 where London United Buses was awarded the contract using a mixtures of Darts & Metrobuses from their Hounslow Garage (AV) providing a service between Kingston & Epsom General Hospital. The current PVR was 4DP/1M Monday to Friday, 5M Saturday & 4M Sunday’s.
- On the 31st March 2001, the 406 was converted to 100% double deck operation with also a PVR increase being 5M Mon-Sat and 6M Sun.
- Later at the end of June 2001 (30th), the allocation was transferred to Kingston garage (K) from Hounslow and the current PVR was Monday to Saturday 4M & Sunday 3M.
- Due to the closure of Kingston Garage (K) the 406 allocation was transferred to Tolworth Garage on the 3rd November 2001 using newer fleet of buses (VA’s).
- On the 30th June 2007 London United lost the contract to Quality Line also known as Epsom Buses, using a brand new fleet of Enviro 400’s for the 406 which they operate at Epsom Garage (EB). The current PVR Monday to Sunday 4E.
- On the 26th June 2017, Quality Line is now being managed by London United (RATP Group). The current PVR Mon-Sun 4E