London Bus Route 250 [24 Hour] - Brixton - Streatham - Norbury - Thornton Heath Clock Tower - Thornton Heath Pond - West Croydon - Croydon Town Centre. (8 Miles)
Operated By Arriva London
Garage: Thornton Heath TH Past Timetables: Aug 2003
, March 2004
To View The Current Timetable Click Here History:
- The 250 began on the 14th May 1988 and was operated at Streatham Garage (AK) with Leyland Olympians (L). The 250’s route: Brixton Station, Streatham Hill, Green Lane, Parchmore Rd, Brigstock Rd, London Rd and lastly Croydon. The Service was only Monday to Saturday and the PVR was Monday to Friday 9L and Saturday 11L.
- On 6th January 1990, the route was transferred from AK to Brixton (BN), and they used Metrobus allocation. The PVR was now 9M Monday to Friday and Saturday 12M.
- In July 1990 the operation transferred to Thornton Heath (TH) and a Sunday service was introduced, the 250 was also converted back to Leyland Olympian Operation. The PVR was currently Monday to Friday 13L, Saturday 12L and Sunday 8L.
- In early 1999 the 250 was converted to low floor Double Deck called DLA’s. The PVR Was now Monday to Friday 17DLA, Saturday 15DLA, and Sunday 9DLA. 2 years later in Feb 2001 the 250 was transferred back to BN and was converted back to Leyland Olympian operation.
- In September 2001 though it was transferred back to TH, and the Low floor Double Decks were allocated to the 250 again. The PVR was currently is 17DLA Monday to Friday, 15DLA Saturday and Sunday 9DLA.
- On the 20th March 2004 a 24hr 250 service was introduced replacing the N250, the night service was operated from Brixton Garage whilst the day service was continued at Thornton Heath Garage. The current PVR was Monday to Friday 22DLA, Sat 21DLA and Sunday 12DLA. With the night Service using 4 Buses from Brixton Per Night.
- On the 28th August 2010 the Brixton night allocation was withdrawn as part of the contract renewal with Arriva, which was also introduced some new Enviro 400's to the route. The current PVR was Monday to Friday 23DLA/T, Saturday 22DLA/T and Sunday 13DLA/T.
- Arriva gained a contract extension for two years on the 29th August 2015, using the existing operation Whilst the DLA operation was being phased out
- A New contract commenced with Arriva On the 26th August 2017 for five years. The current PVR is Monday to Friday 23T, Saturday 23T and Sunday 14T.