London Bus Route 312 - Norwood Junction - Addiscombe - East Croydon - South Croydon, Bus Garage. (4 Miles)
Operated By Arriva London
Garage: South Croydon TC
Past Timetables: June 2000
, Sep 2005
To View The Current Timetable Click Here Route History:
- The 312 began on the 1st September 1990 and was introduced due to the withdrawal of the 12A and was at Thornton Heath Garage (TH) By Leyland Olympians. The PVR for Monday to Friday was 15 L, Saturday was 18 L and lastly Sunday 8 L, but sometimes the odd DMS would come into appear on the 312.
- On the 12th March 1994 the operation was transferred to South Croydon Garage (TC) the route was also extended from South Croydon to South Croydon Garage. The PVR was decreased on Saturday and Sunday to 16 L and 7 L, but Monday to Friday’s was increased by 1 bus so the PVR went 16 L.
- There were no changes to the 312 until 1999 as London Transport was brought out by independent operators Arriva London South LTD gained the 312. In 2001 the route was converted to low floor double decks using DLA although you would still find the odd Olympian's straying on to the route.
- On the 3rd September 2005 the 312 was withdrawn between Norwood Junction and Peckham, with the 197 replacing this part, and the new 312 route was diverted via Lower Addiscombe Road Instead of Morland Road which the 197 now covered. The 312 was allocated 7 brand new Dennis Dart's (PDL) buses for the route, The current PVR was decreased to 6 PDL’s Monday to Saturday and Sunday 5 PDL’s.
- Five years later in September 2010 Arriva renewed the contract for the 312 using there existing fleet of single decks.
- On the 5th September 2015 the 312 was retained with Arriva with a new fleet of electric buses which was the first route in London to receive these. The current PVR is Monday to Saturday 6EMC and Sunday 5EMC.