London Bus Route 412 - Purley - Riddlesdown - Sanderstead - South Croydon - Croydon (Katherine Street). (6 Miles)
Operated By Arriva London
Garage: Croydon TC
To View The Current Timetable Click Here Past Timetables: Aug 2003 History:
- The 412 began on the 1st September 1990 and was introduced to replace route 12A between Croydon & Purley (Old Lodge Lane) and was operated at Thornton Heath Garage (TH) using a dart allocation. The current PVR was Monday to Friday 11DT and Saturday 7DT. On the 27th March 1993 a joint allocation was implemented as school journeys were introduced which ran between Croydon & Wallington (Via Purley). The school journey allocation was ran by 2 Metrobuses (M) from South Croydon (TC). Later on in October 1993 the route was withdrawn between Purley Cross & Purley Old Lodge Lane and this section was replaced by a new route 450. On the 5th September 1994, the new school year had started and the 412 had an additional pm journey from Warlingham School (Via Sanderstead) until it met with the 412 routing.
- On the 3rd January 1995 the Wallington school journey’s allocation was renumbered the 612 which is still enforce today. The Current PVR was Monday To Friday 10DT (TH) and 2L (SDO) From (TC) and Saturday 7DT (TH). On The 9th December 1995 The 412 was extended from Croydon To Norwood Junction (Via Cherry Orchard Road & Davidson Road). Although the school journey’s from Warlingham School Only ran as Far As Croydon. Throughout early 1996 a new DRL (Dennis Dart) allocation was slowly introduced to the 412 and the PVR was increased to 10DRL Monday To Saturday.
- On the 30th August 1997 the 412 was transferred to South Croydon Garage (TC). A year later on the 29th August 1998 there were some major changes to the 412 as the route was withdrawn between Croydon & Norwood Junction this section was replaced by a new Arriva Route 410, which meant the 412 was diverted to West Croydon Bus Station. Also A Sunday Service was introduced for the first time. Lastly The Warlingham School PM Journey’s to Croydon were renumbered to the 612. The Current PVR was Monday To Friday 8LDR, Saturday 5LDR & Sunday 4LDR (The LDR’s Did Have Arriva Branding).
- On the 15th September 2001 their was a type change from the LDR to Newish DDL’s these had a little larger capacity. The current PVR was Monday To Saturday 7DDL & Sunday 4DDL.
- On the 31st May 2003 the route was diverted to avoid the low bridge in South Croydon to serve Sussex Road as the new contract was due later on that year in august for double deck operation. On the 30th August 2003 the 412 was converted to double deck using low floor buses. The current PVR was Monday to Saturday 8DW/DLA and Sunday 4DW/DLA.
- Arriva retained the contract for the 412 on the 30th August 2008 and yet again successfully gained the contract in August 2013.
- On the 1st September 2018 Arriva's new contract commenced, although there was a slight change of routing in Purley to serve Downlands Precinct. The current PVR is Monday to Friday 8DW, Saturday 6DW and Sunday 5DW. On the 2nd November 2019 the 412 was withdrawn betweeen West Croydon and Katherine Street due to TFL Cuts.