London Bus Route 356 - Shirley - Elmers End - Penge - Lower Sydenham - Forest Hill - Upper Sydenham. (9 Miles)
Operated By Stagecoach London
Garage: Kangley Bridge Road KB Past Timetables: Aug 2003
, Oct 2003
, June 2005
To View The Current Timetable Click Here History:
- The 356 was introduced on the 24th June 2000 and provided a Monday to Saturday service between Elmers End Tesco and Upper Sydenham (loop via Sydenham Hill, Wells Park Road, Kirkdale and Sydenham Hill), Via Elmers End Road, Wheathill Road, Croydon Road, Penge, Green Lane, Kings Hall Road, Lennard Road, Kent House Road, Kent House Lane, Bell Green Lane, Sydenham Road, Mayow Road, Perry Vale, Forest Hill. The route was operated by Metrobus and they operated the route from their Orpington Garage (MB). The current PVR was Monday to Saturday 3SD.
- By the 6th July 2002 the 356’s route was revised Elmers End Tesco, Elmers End Road, Wheathill Road, Croydon Road, Penge, Green Lane, Thesiger Road, Kent House Road, Kent House Lane, Bell Green Lane, Sydenham Road, Mayow Road, Perry Vale, Forest Hill to Upper Sydenham (loop via Sydenham Hill, Wells Park Road, Kirkdale and Sydenham Hill).
- On the 30th August 2003 the route was extended from Elmers End Tesco to Shirley Monks Orchard. Metrobus also retained the contract at this point. A Sunday service was introduced on this date. The current PVR was Monday to Friday 6DT, Saturday 5DT and Sunday 4DT
- On the 18th March 2006 the route was transferred to Metrobuses new garage at Croydon (C), the current PVR was Monday to Friday 6MPD, Saturday 5MPD and Sunday 4MPD.
- On the 13th September 2008, Metrobus lost the contract to Stagecoach London with a new fleet of Mini Enviro 200's, which was operated from Catford Garage (TL). The current PVR Mon-Fri 6ESS, Sat 5ESS & Sun 6ESS.
- On the 14th September 2013, the contract was retained by Stagecoach London
- On the 25th April 2014, the frequencies were increased to 7 Mon-Sun.
- The allocation was transferred to new garage (Kangley Bridge Rd KB), on the 17th March 2018.
- On the 15th September 2018, Stagecoach retained the contract for the 356, with a new fleet of Enviro 200 MMC's.