London Bus Route 151 - Wallington - Hackbridge - Wrythe Green - St Helier - Sutton - Cheam - Worcester Park. (9 Miles)
Operated By Go Ahead London: London General
Garage: Sutton A
Past Timetables: Dec 2001
To View The Current Timetable Click Here History:
- The route 151 began on the 4th February 1984 and provided a Monday to Saturday service between Wallington and Worcester Park Station. The route was operated at Sutton Garage (A), by D type buses. The current PVR was Monday to Saturday 6D.
- On the 27th April 1985 the mid day service was withdrawn between North Cheam and Worcester Park Station. The route of the 151 was revised, Wallington – North Cheam (MF mid-day) - Worcester Park Station (MF except mid-day/Sat).
- On the 23rd May 1987 the mid day journeys between North Cheam and Worcester Park was re-introduced. The current PVR was now Monday to Friday 9D and Saturday 8D.
- On the 29th October 1988 Sunday service was introduced. Monday to Saturday ran from Worcester Park Station to Wallington and Sunday Wallington and Sutton. The current PVR was Monday to Friday 9D, Saturday 8D and Sunday 2D. By the 26th November the route was revised Wallington, Manor Road, London Road, Hackbridge, Nightingale Road, Thornton Road, St Helier, St Helier Glenthorne School (SDO journeys) - Rose Hill, Sutton Station (Suns), Cheam Road, Cheam Village, Malden Road, North Cheam, London Road, Tudor Drive, Lower Morden (Mon-Sat) or Worcester Park Station(SDO journeys). The route was now under the company Sutton bus.
- By 31st August 1991 the route was revised again, the Monday to Saturday service was converted to Metrobus and Sunday Midibus. The route was Monday to Saturday Wallington to Worcester Park and Monday to Saturday late evenings and Sundays ran from Wallington to Sutton. The current PVR was Monday to Friday 9M, Saturday 8M and Sunday 4MRL.
- On the 4th February 1995 the route was extended to Worcester Park Station all the time, the Sunday service was converted to DW single deck type. The current PVR was Monday to Saturday 8M and Sunday 3DW.
- At the very end of November 1996 the 151 was withdrawn between Cheam and Worcester Park, the route was also converted to single deck using LDP type buses. The current PVR was Monday to Saturday 9LDP and Sunday 4LDP.
- By the 18th May 1997 the route was extended from Cheam to Worcester Park Monday to Saturdays except late evenings and Sundays. The current PVR was Monday to Saturday 10LDP and Sunday 3LDP.
- By the 1st December 2001 a daily service ran from Wallington to Worcester Park. The current PVR was Monday to Friday 13LDP, Saturday 12LDP and Sunday 6LDP. By the 22nd April 2006 the 151 was converted back to double deck operation using PVL and EVL type buses, the current PVR was Mon-Fri 13PVL, Sat 12PVL and Sun 6PVL.
- On the 6th December 2008, the 151 was withdrawn between North Cheam and Worcester Park as part of the new contract of the 151, including some brand new buses too. The current PVR was Mon-Fri 13DOE, Sat 12DOE and Sun 7DOE.
- A couple of years later on the 10th December 2011, the route was re-instated to serve Worcester Park again.
- On the 5th December 2015, Go Ahead London (London General) managed to retain the contract for the 151.