London Bus Route 407 - Caterham - Whyteleafe - Purley - Croydon - Waddon - Carshalton - Sutton Town Centre. (13 Miles)
Operated By Abellio London
Garage: Beddington BC Past Timetables: July 2004
, Oct 2004
, July 2005
, Sep 2005
To View The Current Timetable Click Here Route History:
- The route 407 began on the 31st August 1991 and was operated by South London buses at South Croydon Garage (TC). The route was introduced to replace parts of the 197A & the 403. The new 407 provided a link between Wallington Shotfield and Caterham Station (Via Croydon). The 407 was operated by Leyland Olympians and current PVR was Monday to Saturday 5L and Sunday 2L.
- On the 29th October 1994 the route was extended from Wallington to Sutton. The contract was awarded to (London & Country) also later known as London Links, and they operated the 407 from their Croydon base (CR), which they allocated Midi Buses to the route. The current PVR was Monday to Friday 11Midi/1DD, Saturday 11Midi and Sunday 5Midi.
- On the 30th October 1999 Arriva London South won the contract from London Links and the operation was transferred to Beddington Farm Garage (BF). As part of the new contract with Arriva the 407 was converted to Low floor single deck operation. The current PVR was Monday to Friday 12ADL, Saturday 11ADL & Sunday 6ADL.
- On the 1st September 2001 the allocation was transferred back to South Croydon (TC) were the 407 began. The PVR was increased to 13ADL Monday to Friday, 11ADL Saturday and 6ADL Sunday.
- On the 30th October 2004 the School Journey was converted to Double Deck an existing double decker of the DLA or Dennis Wright (DW). The current PVR was Monday to Friday 12ADL, 1DD (SDO), Saturday 11ADL and Sunday 6ADL.
- On The 31st October 2009, Abellio London gained the contract for the 407 from Arriva using a brand new batch of Enviro200’s. The current PVR is Monday To Friday 12Enviro+1DD, Saturday 11 Enviro200 & Sunday 8 Enviro200, Abellio gained the 407 another 5 years from November 2014.
- In late August 2019 as part of the 407's renewed contract with Abellio the 407 was converted to much needed double deck operation using existing Enviro 400's. The Current PVR is Monday-Friday 13 Enviro, Saturday 11 Enviro and Sunday 8 Enviro.