London Bus Route P5 - Elephant & Castle - Walworth - Loughborough Junction - Brixton - Stockwell - Patmore Estate. (6 Miles)
Operated By Abellio London
Garage: Walworth WL
Past Timetables: May 2001
, July 2004
To View The Current Timetable Click Here History:
- The route P5 began on the 10th November 1990, and provided a Monday to Saturday service between Elephant and Castle and Brixton (via Walworth Rd, Penrose Street, Carter Street, Chapter Rd, Lorrimore Rd, Cooks Rd, Dale Rd, John Ruskin Street, Camberwell New Rd, Langton Rd, Lothian Rd, Loughborough Rd, Coldharbour Lane, Somerleyton Rd, Coldharbour Lane, Atlantic Road, Brixton Rd and Stockwell Rd). The route was operated at Camberwell Garage (Q). The current PVR was Monday to Friday 5SR and Saturday 4SR.
- On the 15th May 1993, the P5 was extended from Brixton to Clapham North (via Stockwell Green).
- On the 30th April 1995 a Sunday service was introduced and the PVR was 3SR.
- On the 29th May 1999 the route was re-routed and now terminated at Stockwell Station (via Clapham Road). The current PVR was Monday to Friday 7DW, Saturday 6DW and Sunday 5DW.
- On the 28th July 2001 the contract was renewed with London Central and was converted to Low floor operation. The current PVR was Monday to Friday 7LDP and Weekends 6LDP.
- On the 24th July 2004 the route was extended from Stockwell to Nine Elms (via Wandsworth Road). The current PVR Is Monday to Sunday 8LDP.
- On the 30th April 2011, Go Ahead London (London Central) retained the contract for the P5 with new Enviro 200 Darts. The current PVR Mon-Sat 8SE and Sunday 6SE.
- On the 30th April 2016, the contract once again was retained by London Central (Go Ahead London) using a new fleet of single deck enviros. The current PVR Mon-Sat 8SE and Sunday 6SE.