London Bus Route 60 - Old Coulsdon - Coulsdon - Purley - Croydon - Pollards Hill - Streatham Vale - Streatham Common - Steatham Station. (12 Miles)
Operated By Arriva London
Garage: South Croydon TC Past Timetables: Sep 1982
, Feb 2003
To View The Current Timetable Click Here History:
- The 60 began on the 4th September 1982 and provided a Monday to Saturday service between South Croydon Garage (TC) and Brixton Garage. The route was operated at South Croydon Garage (TC) by Routemasters. The current PVR was Monday to Friday 7RM+1RM/190 and Saturday 9RM.
- On the 29th January 1983 there was a slight PVR change Monday to Friday 11RM+1RM/190 and Saturday 11RM. 3 months later on the 23rd April the route was transferred from TC to Thornton Heath (TH). The route was converted to One Person Operation by D type buses. The current PVR was Monday to Saturday 8D.
- Later in early February 1986 the route was revised Monday to Friday Brixton Station to South Croydon Garage and Saturday ran from Brixton Garage (BN) to Croydon (Park Street). On the 22nd August 1987 a Sunday service was introduced the current PVR was Monday to Saturday 8D and Sunday 5D.
- On the 14th May 1988 the route was revised again, Monday to Friday Brixton Garage to South Croydon Garage, Monday to Friday Peaks ran from South Croydon Garage to Brixton Station, Saturday and Sunday service ran from Brixton Garage to Croydon (Park St). The current PVR was Monday to Friday 9D, Saturday 8D and Sunday 5D.
- On the 6th January 1990 the route was diverted to Clapham Common instead of Brixton. The current route was Monday to Friday South Croydon Garage to Clapham Common, Saturday and Sunday from Croydon (Park St) to Clapham Common. The current PVR was Monday to Friday 10D, Saturday 9D and Sunday 4D.
- On the 21st July 1990 the D type buses were withdrawn and replaced by Leyland Olympians by TH. The route was extended from Croydon (Park St) to South Croydon Garage (Sat and Sun). The current PVR was Monday to Saturday 10L and Sunday 4L.
- On the 14th March 1992 a titan operation was introduced. The current PVR was Monday to Friday 10L/T, Saturday 11L/T and Sunday 4L/T, but by 9th October 1993 the Saturday PVR decreased back to 10L/T again.
- During May 1994 the titan operation was withdrawn and fully replaced by L type buses again.
- On the 29th August 1998 the route was operated by 3 companies, Capital Logistics, Blue Triangle and Stagecoach Selkent. The route was also withdrawn between Streatham and Clapham Common and extended from South Croydon Garage to Old Coulsdon. The route now operated between Streatham Garage to Old Coulsdon. The current PVR was Monday to Saturday 14DD and Sunday 10DD. On the 24th April 1999 the Blue Triangle and Stagecoach allocation were withdrawn. The current PVR was Monday to Friday 14DD, Saturday 13DD and Sunday 6DD. By June Tellings Golden Miller took over the operation.
- On the 4th March 2000 Arriva London won the contract by there Beddington Garage (BF). The route still stayed the same. The route was operated by DLO and DLP type buses. The current PVR was Monday to Friday 14DLO/DLP, Saturday 13DLO/DLP and Sunday 7DLO/DLP.
- On the 20th September 2000 a TC operation was introduced, the current PVR was now Monday to Friday 4DLO from TC and 10DLP from BF, Saturday 4DLO from TC and 9DLP from BF and Sunday 3DLO from TC and 4DLP from BF. On the 3rd February 2001 the TC allocation was withdrawn and transferred to TH, with the same allocations.
- On the 1st September 2001 Arriva London lost the contract to Connex Bus, with brand new low floor double deckers for the route called TA type. Connex Bus had a garage at Beddington (BC). The current PVR was Monday to Friday 15TA, Saturday 14TA and Sunday 7TA.
- On the 26th February 2004 Connex Bus were taken over by Travel London which took over all Connex’s routes. On the 30th April 2005 the PVR was increased to 17TA Monday to Friday, 14TA Saturday and 7TA Sunday.
- On the 2nd September 2006 Arriva London won back the contract and they operate the route from TC by Dennis Wright double deckers. The current PVR was Monday to Friday 15DW, Saturday 13DW and Sunday 10DW.
- On the 18th August 2012, a new stand was built for the 60, at Streatham Station, a year on the 31st August 2013 Arriva retained the contract for the route using existing vehicles.
- On the 1st September 2018, Arriva yet again retained the contract for the 60, the current PVR is Monday to Saturday 15DW and Sunday 12DW.