London Bus Route 75 - Croydon Town Centre - Selhurst - Anerley - Penge - Newlands Park - Sydenham - Mayow Road - Woolstone Road - Catford - Lewisham Station. (9 Miles)
Operated By Stagecoach London
Garage: Catford TL Past Timetables: 1971
, June 1987
, July 1993
, June 1994
, Aug 2003
, March 2004
To View The Current Timetable Click Here Route History:
- The 75, began many years ago in 1934 and operated a daily service between Woolwich and Caterham Valley (via Blackheath, Lee Green, Catford, Penge, Croydon, Purley). In 1939 the 75 was withdrawn between West Croydon and Caterham Valley this part of the route was replaced by the 197.
- In 1950, a RT allocation was introduced on the 75, from Catford Garage (TL), The current PVR was Monday to Friday 31RT, Sat 32RT and Sunday 24RT.
- By the 2nd May 1951 an Elmers End (ED) allocation was introduced on a Saturday along side Catford (TL). The current PVR was Monday to Friday 31RT (TL), Saturday 7RT (ED) 25RT (TL) and Sunday 24RT (TL).
- On the 12th October 1960 there were a few minor changes to the 75, as the route was extended Monday to Friday daytimes to South Croydon Garage instead of West Croydon. The current PVR was now Monday to Friday 29RT (TL), Saturday 9RT (ED) 18RT (TL) and Sunday 13RT (TL).
- A few years later on the 10th October 1962 the Sunday service was withdrawn between Blackheath and Woolwich. So now the current route was Monday to Friday daytime, Woolwich to South Croydon, Saturday Woolwich to West Croydon and Sunday Blackheath to West Croydon.
- On the 27th February 1963 the Monday to Friday garage journeys were withdrawn. The route Now operated between Woolwich to West Croydon (Mon-Sat) and Sundays Blackheath to West Croydon. The current PVR was Monday to Friday 28RT (TL), Saturday 8RT (ED) 17RT (TL) and Sunday 13RT (TL).
- On the 29th January 1964 the Elmers End allocation was withdrawn and was transferred back to Catford (TL).
- Five years later on the 6th September 1969, the Sunday 75 was withdrawn between Norwood Junction and West Croydon (except a few early morning journeys). The Sunday service was also converted to Routemaster operation. The current routing was, Woolwich (Monday-Saturday)- Blackheath (Sunday)- Norwood Junction (Sunday)- West Croydon (Monday to Saturday). The current PVR was Monday to Friday 25RT, Saturday 20RT and Sunday 7RM.
- A few years later on the 26th February 1977 the Sunday service was revised and now was extended back to West Croydon from Norwood Junction. On this date the route was also converted to One Person Operation. The current PVR was Monday to Friday 21DMS, Saturday 14DMS and Sunday 7DMS. Near the end of July 1983 the route was converted to Titan Type.
- On the 27th April 1985 Elmers End allocation was re-introduced on a Sunday. The current PVR was Monday to Friday 17T (TL), Saturday 11T (TL) and Sunday 4D (ED). As Elmers End Garage closed the Sunday allocation was transferred to South Croydon (TC) this was near the end of October 1986.
- By August 1988 South Croydon Garage started introducing Leyland Olympians on their Sunday Croydon service 75.
- On the 4th March 1989 the Sunday only service from South Croydon was transferred to Catford (TL). The current PVR was Monday to Saturday 12T and Sunday 4T.
- On the 20th July 1991 the 75 was withdrawn between Blackheath and Woolwich. The current route was West Croydon to Blackheath (Monday to Sunday). The current PVR was Monday to Saturday 10T and Sunday 4T.
- Near the end of 1991 on the 9th November there were some changes to the routing of the 75, firstly it was diverted in Sydenham so the 75 would run down Mayow Road instead of Bell Green and was also diverted in Catford Via Route 1. The route was also extended Saturday shopping hours to Surrey Quays (via Deptford) and the Sunday service was converted to Minibus operation. The current route was Monday to Sunday was West Croydon to Lewisham and Saturday Shopping hours extended to Surrey Quays. The current PVR was Monday to Friday 8T, Saturday 11T and Sunday 3MW/SR.
- On the 24th July 1993, the Sunday service was converted to LA operation. The current PVR was Monday to Friday 9T, Saturday 11T and Sunday 4LA. By the 12th February 1994 the Saturday shopping hour’s extension was withdrawn.
- On the 12th February 1994 the Saturday shopping hour’s extension was withdrawn and a month later on the 12th March the Monday to Saturday double deck operation was withdrawn and converted to single deck. The current PVR was Monday to Friday 10LA, Saturday 9LA and Sunday 5LA.
- In August 1995 Selkent converted the route back to double deck operation. The current PVR was Monday to Friday 10L/T, Saturday 9L/T and Sunday 5L/T.
- Throughout November 1997 Stagecoach Selkent started to introduce the VN type buses.
- On the 9th February 2002 the 75 was extended from West Croydon to Croydon Fairfield Halls. The route was also slowly being converted to new TAS type buses. The current PVR was Monday to Saturday 13TAS and Sunday 8TAS.
- In the summer of 2006 Stagecoach were brought out by East London Bus Group which kept the name of Selkent. The current PVR was Monday to Friday 14TAS, Saturday 13TAS and Sunday 11TAS.
- On 25th April 2009 Metrobus won the contract from Selkent and operated the 75 from Croydon garage (C). The current PVR is Monday to Saturday 13DD and Sunday 11DD.
- On the 26th June 2014, Metrobus lost the contract of the 75 back to Stagecoach London which operated the route from their Catford Garage (TL) using Brand New Enviro 400's The current PVR is 13TEH (Mon-Sat) and Sunday 8TEH.