London Bus Route 202 - Blackheath, Royal Standard - Lee - Catford - Lower Sydenham - Sydenham - Wells Park - Crystal Palace. (9 Miles)
Operated By: Arriva London
Garage: Norwood N
Past Timetables: Aug 2003
To View the Current Timetable Click Here History:
- The route 202 began on the 9th November 1991, and provided a service between Crystal Palace and Blackheath (via Sydenham Hill, Perry Hill, Catford and Blackheath Village). Some garage journeys also continued onto Plumstead Garage, which was one of the operating garages for the 202. The route was introduced to replace the 108B and the route 75 (to Blackheath). The two operating garages were Plumstead (PD) and Catford (TL). The current PVR was Monday to Friday 9MA (PD), Saturday 9MA (PD) and Sunday 3MW (TL).
- On the 20th June 1992 part of the service was now re-routed around Sydenham (via Westwood Hill) between Monday and Saturday and this was also re-numbered route 306, this run jointly with the 202. The Monday to Saturday PVR was increased 2 11MA.
- On the 22nd May 1993 the MA type buses were replaced by the MRL type (Monday to Saturday) The PVR allocations stayed the same.
- By the 12th February 1994 the Catford allocation was withdrawn, so Plumstead garage were left with the route. The current PVR was Monday to Saturday 11MRL and Sunday 7MRL.
- On the 29th September 1996 the MRL type was withdrawn and replaced by the DAL type. The current PVR was Monday to Saturday 12DAL and Sunday 7DAL.
- On the 21st September 2001 it was the start of a new contract, and Stagecoach, new low floor single deck buses were brought for the route. The current PVR was Monday to Saturday 13SLD and Sunday 10SLD.
- On the 15th February 2003 the allocation was transferred to Catford garage (TL) and they used DM type buses.
- On the 13th September 2008 Metrobus gained the contract from Selkent (formerly Stagecoach). The route was operates from their Croydon base using Evolutions. The current PVR was Monday to Friday 14SD, Sat 13SD and Sunday 8SD.
- The contract was extended for two years in 2013 and Metrobus (Go Ahead London) also managed to renew the contract for five years in 2015 with brand new double deckers. The current PVR is Monday to Saturday 14WHV and Sunday 9WHV.