London Bus Route 466 - Addington Village - Shirley Park - Croydon - Purley - Old Coulsdon - Caterham-on-the-Hill. (12 Miles)
Operated By Arriva London
Garage: South Croydon TC Past Timetables: Aug 2003
, May 2004
To View The Current Timetable Click Here Route History:
- The 466 was introduced on the 29th August 1998 and provided a service between Shirley Inn and Caterham on Hill (via East Croydon, Purley and Old Coulsdon) replacing Route 400 between Caterham and Croydon and also the 166 between Croydon & Shirley. The route was operated by Arriva London at South Croydon Garage TC by Leyland Olympians and Metrobuses. The current PVR was Monday to Friday 10M/L and Sunday 5M/L.
- On The 20th May 2000 The 466 was extended from Shirley Inn to Addington Village interchange via Gravel Hill. The current PVR was increased to 12M/L Monday to Friday, 11M/L Saturday and 6M/L Sunday.
- On the 30th August 2003 Arriva lost the 466 to Metrobus and they converted the route to low floor double deck. The route was operated from Godstone Garage GD. The current PVR was Monday to Friday 16SC, Saturday 14SC and Sunday 9SC.
- In Feb 2006 Godstone garage was closed and the 466 was allocated their new garage based in Croydon C. Two years on Metrobus lost the contract for the 466 to Arriva on the 30th August 2008 which had previously run the route prior to Metrobus. Arriva introduced brand new Enviro 400’s to operate on the 466 ran from South Croydon Garage (TC). The Current PVR Was Monday To Saturday 16T, Saturday 12T and Sunday 8T.
- Arriva's contract was renewed on the 31st August 2013 with 17 existing Double Decks. On the 1st September 2018, Arriva renewed the contract for the 466 once again. The current PVR is Monday to Friday 16T/DW, Saturday 14T/DW and Sunday 9T/DW,