London Bus Route 473 - North Woolwich - Silvertown - London City Airport - Prince Regent - Plaistow - Stratford. (6 Miles)
Operated By Tower Transit
Garage: Lea Interchange LI Past Timetables: March 2002
, Aug 2003
, Oct 2005
To View The Current Timetable Click Here History:
- The route 473 began on the 25th September 1993 and provided a service between Stratford Bus Station and North Woolwich (free Ferry), this route replaced routes 173 between Stratford and Greengate and the route 276 between Greengate and City Airport. The route was operated by Grey Green by Double Deckers. The current PVR was Mon-Sat 6DD and Sun 3DD.
- On the 2nd March 1996 Grey Green lost the contract to Stagecoach London and they operated the route at Upton Park Garage (UP) by S type buses. The PVR was increased to 7S Monday to Saturday and Sunday 3S. Throughout October 1996 the route was converted to Volvo Olympian operation (VN).
- On the 26th June 1999 the allocation was transferred from Upton Park (UP) to Bow Garage (BW) and they change the route to VA type buses. The current PVR was Monday to Friday 7VA, Saturday 8VA and Sunday 4VA.
- On the 5th April 2003 the route was converted to low floor operation by TAS type buses. The current PVR was Monday to Friday 11TAS, Saturday 10TAS and Sunday 9TAS.
- On the 30th August 2003 the allocation was transferred back to Upton Park.
- During July 2006 Stagecoach London sold off the company to an Australian Bank and the company was renamed East London. The current PVR was Monday to Friday 10TAS, Saturday and Sunday 9TAS.
- On the 17th September 2011, the allocation was transferred to West Ham (WH) due to the closure of Upton Park. The current PVR Mon-Fri 10TA, Sat 8TA & Sun 10TA.
- On the 6th April 2013, the 473 was withdrawn between London City Airport & North Woolwich
- A year on in May 2014 the 473 was restored to serve North Woolwich, current PVR Mon-Fri 10TA, Sat 9TA and Sun 10TA.
- On the 30th March 2019, the contract was awarded to Tower Transit at Lea Interchange LI Garage, using an existing fleet of vehicles, the current PVR Mon-Sat 9VN & Sun 6VN.