London Bus Route 264 [24 Hour] - Croydon Town Centre - Mitcham Common - Mitcham - Tooting Broadway - Tooting, St George's Hospital (7 Miles).
Operated By Arriva London
Garage: South Croydon TC Past Timetables: Aug 2003
, March 2004
To View The Current Timetable Click Here History:
- The 264 began on the 22nd August 1987 and was operated at South Croydon and Merton Garage. The route ran Monday to Saturday from Tooting Broadway to Croydon Katherine St, and Sundays from Tooting Broadway to New Addington. Merton (AL) operated the 264 Monday to Saturday and Sunday was operated at South Croydon (TC). The PVR for Monday to Saturday was 10D and Sundays 4D/L.
- By May 1988 the route was revised to serve, Tooting Broadway - Croydon, Katharine Street (MF evgs/Sat) - South Croydon Swan & Sugar Loaf (MF) - South Croydon Garage (MF between peaks/Sat shopping hours) - New Addington (Sun)
- On the 26th November 1988 the operation was transferred fully to Thornton Heath, the PVR was now Monday to Friday 10D, Saturday 13D, and Sunday 4D.
- On the 21st July 1990, the route was revised to serve Tooting Broadway and South Croydon Garage at all times, and the New Addington sunday service was withdrawn and replaced by route 64. The route was converted to Leyland Olympian operation. The PVR was now 11L Monday to Saturday and Sunday 4L.
- On the 29th June 1991, the 264 was withdrawn between South Croydon Garage and South Croydon Katherine Street.
- There was no changes to the 264 until November 1997, when the operation was transferred to South Croydon Garage (TC). The 264 still had a Leyland Olympian operation. But the Sunday PVR was increased by 1 bus to make it 5L.
- On the 29th August 1998 a new contract commenced with Arriva London operated from TC, and the frequency was increased to, Monday to Friday 12L, Saturday 11L and Sunday 6L.
- In January 1999 the 264 was transferred back to Thornton Heath (TH) using existing Olympian's. A Year on in April 2000 the Sunday operation was transferred back to TC and kept the same PVR.
- On the 1st September 2001 the TC and TH allocation was withdrawn and was moved to Beddington Farm Garage (CN) and with an existing fleet of Olympians. The PVR was currently Monday to Saturday 13L and Sunday 7L.
- The contract was renewed with Arriva In August 2003, and was extended from Tooting Broadway to Tooting St George's Hospital. The route was also gradually converted to low floor double deck operation using DW's, the current PVR Monday to Saturday 14L/DW and Sunday 10L/DW.
- In August 2010, the Arriva retained the contract for the 264 from Beddington Garage, using existing low floor decks, On the 31st March 2012 Beddington Garage closed and the operation was transferred to South Croydon TC. A year on a frequency increase was introduced making the PVR Monday to Saturday 15DW and Sunday 9DW.
- Arriva retained the contract in 2015 using the existing fleet of buses from South Croydon Garage. The current PVR was Monday to Saturday 15DW and Sunday 10DW. In April 2018 there was a timetable change which reduced the frequency of the 264, the current PVR is Monday to Saturday 12DW and Sunday 11DW.