London Bus Route 359 - Addington Village - Monks Hill - Selsdon - Sanderstead - Purley Downs Road - Purley. (6 Miles)
Operated By: Go Ahead London: Metrobus
Garage: Croydon C Past Timetables: March 2001
To View The Current Timetable Click Here History:
- The route 359 began on the 21st March 1998 and provided a Monday to Saturday service between Forestdale to Selsdon (Via Court Wood Lane, Featherbed Lane, Selsdon Park Road, Heathfield Vale, Broadcombe, Tedder Road and Addington Road. The route was operated by Metrobus at Orpington (MB). The route only ran between shopping hours Monday to Saturday. The current PVR was Monday to Saturday 1SD.
- On the 20th May 2000 the route was extended from Forestdale to New Addington (Via Addington Village). The current PVR was Monday to Saturday 1SLF/T33.
- On the 18th May 2002, the route was transferred to operate from Godstone Garage (GD).
- Due to the closure of Godstone Garage (GD) in Feburary 2006, the operation was transferred to Croydon (C).
- On the 25th March 2006, the 359 was withdrawn between Addington Village and New Addington, back to its original routing.
- The contract was retained by Metrobus using existing vehicle, on the 26th March 2011.
- On the 24th October 2015, the 359 was extended from Selsdon to Purley Cross and a sunday service was introduced for the first time. The current PVR 3MM Mon-Sun.