London Bus Route 59 - Streatham Hill, Telford Avenue - Brixton - Kennington - Waterloo - Holborn - Euston. (6 Miles).
Operated By Arriva London
Garage: Brixton BN
Past Timetables: July 2004
To View The Current Timetable Click Here History:
- The route 59 was introduced on the 18th September 1999, to replace the withdrawn section of the 109, the 59 ran from Euston Station to Streatham Hill, Via Russell Square Station, Holborn Station, Kingsway, Aldwych, Strand, Waterloo Station, Lambeth North Station, Kennington Road, Kennington (Oval Station), Brixton Station and Brixton Hill. The route was operated from Brixton Garage (BN). The current PVR was Monday to Saturday 10DLA and Sunday 7DLA, even though this was a low floor operation route the odd Leyland Olympians found themselves on them.
- By 2001 the PVR was increased to Monday to Friday 11DLA, Saturday 10DLA, Sunday 8DLA.
- On the 1st February 2003 the new contract commences still with Arriva London, current PVR Monday to Friday 17DLA, Saturday 15DLA and Sunday 10DLA.
- On the 10th November 2007 the 59 was extended from Euston to Kings Cross (via Euston Road). The PVR was increased, Monday to Friday 19DLA, Saturday 17DLA and Sunday 12DLA.
- On the 30th January 2010 as part of the new renewed contract by Arriva new wright buses were ordered for the 59. The current PVR is Monday to Saturday 23DW and Sunday 12DW
- On the 28th January 2017, Arriva retained the contract for the 59 with The New Bus for London allocation, the current PVR Mon-Fri 26LT, Sat 23LT & Sun 13LT.
- On the 15th June 2019, the 59 was withdrawn between Euston & King's Cross, the current PVR Mon-Fri 25LT, Sat 22LT & Sun 12LT.