London Bus Route R9 - Orpington Station - Spur Road - Tintagel Road - Ramsden Estate - Avalon Road - Spur Road - Orpington Station. (3 Miles)
Operated By Go Ahead London: Metrobus
Garage: Orpington MB Past Timetables: Aug 2001
To View The Current Timetable Click Here Route History:
- The R9 was introduced on the 17th August 1996 and provided a Monday to Sunday service on the Orpington Loop bus (via Chelsfield Lane),this new route replaced the 493. The R9 was awarded to First Centrewest based at Orpington OR using Dennis Darts. The current PVR Mon-Sat 3PDL and Sun 2PDL.
- In 2001, the R9 was converted to Low floor single deckers, using Marshall's.
- On the 8th December 2007, the contract for the R9 was assigned to Metrobus operating from Orpington Garage (MB) using existing ex first vehicles. The current PVR Mon-Sun 3DMS.
- On the 20th August 2011, the contract was retained by Metrobus with three new enviro 200's (Metrobus 731,732 & 733), the current PVR Mon-Sat 3SE and Sun 1SE.
- On the 18th August 2018, the contract was renewed with Go Ahead London (Metrobus), using existing vehicles. The current PVR Mon-Fri 3SE, Sat 2SE & Sun 1SE