London Bus Route 490 - Heathrow Terminal 5 - Heathrow Cargo Area - Heathrow Terminal 4 - Hatton Cross - Feltham - Staines Road - Twickenham - Richmond, Pools on the Park
Operated By Abellio London
Garage: Fulwell TF
Past Timetables: Aug 2002
To View The Current Timetable Click Here History:
- The 490 began on the 23rd August 1997 and was operated by London Buslines at (LB) Garage. The route provided a service from Hatton Cross Station to Richmond (via Twickenham). The current PVR was Monday to Friday 8SD, Saturday 7SD and Sunday 3SD.
- On the 28th April 2001 the operation was transferred to Telling's Golden Miller from Fulwell Garage (TF). They used a variety of buses on the 490; the PVR was currently Monday to Friday 10SD, Saturday 9SD and Sunday 3SD.
- In August 2002 Tellings Golden Miller decided allocated brand new low floor darts to the route, the PVR was now 10LF Monday to Friday, Saturday 9LF and Sunday 6LF.
- On the 3rd September 2005 Tellings Golden Miller was replaced by Travel London which are part of the National express group they also took over many of their routes and there Fulwell Garage (TF). The PVR stayed the same and many of their buses were repainted to Travel London lively.
- On the 22nd March 2008, the 490 was extended from Hatton Cross to Heathrow Terminal 5 via Southern & Western Perimeter Roads, the current PVR Mon-Fri 14LF, Sat 13LF & Sun 7LF.
- On the 21st May 2009, the operation was transferred to Abellio London using existing fleet & Vehicles.
- The contract was renewed on the 25th August 2012 with Abellio, using a mixture of existing and new fleet of Enviro 200's. The current PVR Mon-Fri 14SE, Sat 13SE & Sun 7SE.