London Bus Route 450 - Lower Sydenham - Crystal Palace - Upper Norwood - Thornton Heath - West Croydon. (9 Miles)
Operated By Arriva London
Garage: Norwood N
Past Timetables: May 2003
To View The Current Timetable Click Here Route History:
- The 450 was introduced on the 9th October 1993 to provide a link between Purley Old Lodge Lane & Crystal Palace (Via Croydon) replacing parts of the 412. The 450 operated Monday To Saturday from Thornton Heath Garage (TH) by South London Buses which allocated MRL’s to the route. The current PVR was Monday to Saturday 7MRL.
- By the 29th April 1995 Cowie South London took over the route from TH and they started to introduce Dennis Dart buses as well as the MRL’s. The current PVR was Monday to Friday 8DT/MRL and Saturday 7DT/MRL.
- From December 1995 the MRL buses were withdrawn due to needing more capacity and was replaced by a Dart Operation. The PVR was Monday to Friday 8DRL and Saturday 7DRL. On the 28th September 1996 the 450 was withdrawn between West Croydon and Purley Old Lodge Lane, this section was replaced by the new route 455 and was extended from Crystal Palace to Lower Sydenham. The PVR was decreased to 6DRL Monday to Saturday.
- On the 29th September 2001 Arriva London retained the contract for the 450 using a brand new fleet of Dennis Plaxton Darts (PDL’s). A Sunday operation was also introduced at this date. The current PVR was Monday to Saturday 8PDL and Sunday 5PDL. On the 29th March 2003 there was a slight frequency increase introduced.
- On the 20th September 2006 the contract was retained by Arriva London and due to the high demand using the route new Long Dual Darts were allocated to the route. There was also a PVR increase to 11PDL Monday to Saturday & 7PDL Sunday. On the 10th March 2007 the allocation was transferred to Beddington Garage (CN) and the 289 was transferred to Thornton Heath (TH). All the buses were transferred with the move.
- In November 2011 the closure of Beddington Garage (CN) meant that the 450 was transferred back to Thornton Heath Garage (TH). The current PVR is Monday To Friday 13PDL, Saturday 11PDL & Sunday 7PDL.
- On the 27th August 2016 the 450 was transferred to Norwood Garage (N). The current PVR was Monday to Friday 14DWS, Saturday 12DWS and Sunday 7DWS. A couple of months later the contract for the 450 was renewed on the 1st October 2016 along with new Wright Streetlite buses and a frequency increase to the route. The current PVR is Monday to Saturday 19SLS and Sunday 10SLS.