London Bus Route 493 - Richmond, Manor Circus - East Sheen - Roehampton - Southfields - Wimbledon - Tooting, St. George's Hospital. (13 Miles)
Operated By Go Ahead London: London General
Garage: Waterside Way PL
Past Timetables: Nov 2002
To View The Current Timetable Click Here Route History:
- The route 493 was introduced on the 23rd November 2002 and provided a link between Tooting & Richmond, (via Wimbledon, Southfields, Roehampton, East Sheen). The contract was awarded to Mitcham Belle at Beddington Garage. The current PVR was Monday to Friday 13LFSD, Saturday 12LFSD and Sunday 9LFSD.
- On the 27th August 2004 Mitcham Belle was purchased by Centra London including all Mitcham Belle’s fleet & their garages.
- On the 20th May 2006 as Centra lost the contracts for their routes including the 493 and Metroline/Armchair temporary operated the 493 using Darts from their Brentford Garage (AH). The current PVR was Monday To Saturday 14DLD, Sunday 12DLD.
- On the 31 March 2007 NCP Challenger gained the contract for the 493 and allocation brand new Enviro 200’s for the 493, which is operated from their Fulwell Garage (NC). There was also an PVR increase for the 493, Monday to Saturday 17AD and Sunday 12AD.
- A few months later in the summer 2007 (30th June), the 493 was re-routed in the Wimbledon area to serve Plough Lane (Superstores & Greyhound stadium).
- A couple of years later in 2010 NCP operated routes were pasted to Transdev.
- On the 31st March 2012 Go Ahead London was awarded the 493, operating from Plough Lane Garage (Waterside Way). The current PVR is Monday To Friday 17SE, Saturday 16SE & Sunday 9SE.
- On the 30th March 2019, the 493 was retained by Go Ahead London, using existing fleet of vehicles.