London Bus Route 319 - Sloane Square - Chelsea - Battersea - Clapham Junction - Tooting Bec - Streatham Hill, Telford Avenue. (8 Miles)
Operated By Arriva London
Garage: Brixton BN
To View The Current Timetable Click Here Past Timetables: Sep 2001 History:
- The 319 was introduced on the 8th February 1993, and was operated by South London buses from Brixton Garage. The route provided a link between Sloane Square & Streatham Hill, the route was introduced to cover the withdrawn part of the 219 between Sloane Square and Battersea and the 349 between Chelsea and Streatham Hill. The PVR Monday to Friday was 17T and Saturday 14T.
- In May 1993 the titans allocation were replaced by Metrobuses allocations.
- On the 14th Sep 1996 a Sunday service was introduced due to the 249 had parts of the route withdrawn on a Sunday, part of this change the 319 was converted to single deck operation using Dennis Darts (LDR) with Cowie Group Horns branding There was a frequency increase to 16 LDR Monday to Saturday and on Sunday there was 10 LDR.
- During August 1998, Arriva London South (Cowie Group) gained = the operation of the 319, they allocated some brand new low floor darts for the route.
- In August 2001 Arriva allocated some brand new Dennis Wright Cadet's to the 319 called DWL’s which replaced the DDL’s.
- As part of a new contract for the 319 which Arriva retained the operation was converted to Double Deck operation using a fleet of existing buses, the current PVR Mon-Sat 19DLA and Sun 11DLA.
- On the 14th September 2013, Arriva retained the contract once again for the 319 using existing vehicles and an increase in frequency at weekends.
- On the 19th November 2016 a weekend night service was introduced for the 319, with also a newer fleet of vehicles allocated due to the withdrawn DLA Type.