London Bus Route 162 - Beckenham Junction - Park Langley - Bromley - Chislehurst - New Eltham - Eltham Station. (12 Miles)
Operated By: Go Ahead London: Metrobus
Garage: Orpington MB Past Timetables: April 2003
, March 2006
To View The Current Timetable Click Here History:
- The 162 began on the 12th March 1994, this new route replaced route 126 between Beckenham and Bromley, the 161 between Bromley and Chislehurst and lastly the 161A between Chislehurst and Petts Wood. The 162 was operated by Kentish Bus at Deptford garage (LM) and was operated by Midi Buses. The PVR was Monday to Saturday 7Midi and Sunday 4Midi.
- By July 1996 the 162 was reallocated to Duncan Green Garage (DG). The PVR was also changed as Monday to Saturday became 6Midi and Sunday became 3Midi.
- On the 27th September 1997 Stagecoach Selkent gained the contract for the 162 from their Bromley Garage (TB). The Route was converted to Double Deck operation. The PVR was currently Monday to Saturday 7DD and Sunday 5DD.
- In November 1997 there was a mixed single and double deck operation introduced. The PVR was now 5T and 2 darts Monday to Friday, Saturday 7T and Sunday 5T. The 162 was also Rerouted southbound in Bromley after Bromley North Station via Tweedy Road and Kentish Way instead of East Street and Widmore Road.
- On the 17th March 2001 the 162 was withdrawn between Chislehurst and Petts Wood, this section was replaced route 273. The 162 now ran between Beckenham Junction and Chislehurst. It was also converted to low floor single deck buses. The PVR was currently 7SLD Monday to Sunday.
- 20th October 2001 the 162 was extended from Chislehurst to Eltham Station. The PVR was also increased to Monday to Saturday 9SLD and Sunday 8SLD.
- On the 18th March 2006 the 162 was awarded to Arriva Kent Thameside which allocated brand new darts for the route which they operated from Dartford Garage (DT)
- Five years later on The 19th March 2011 Metrobus gained the route from Arriva, and the operation was transferred to Orpington Garage (MB) with brand new one door enivro 200's. The current was Monday to Saturday 8SE and Sunday 4SE.
- On the 19th March 2016, Go Ahead London (Metrobus) retained the contract using existing vehicles and a frequency increase. The current PVR is Monday to Friday 11SE and Sunday's 7SE.